Sat, 23 Sept|
We are delighted to extend a warm welcome to the Fourth Annual TOK Title 2024 UNpacking Workshop, an exclusive gathering dedicated to empowering Theory of Knowledge (TOK) educators within the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
Time & Location
23 Sept, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
About the Event
Our primary objective for this workshop is to equip you, the guardians of critical thinking and knowledge exploration, with the essential tools and insights to foster enriched discussions and innovative perspectives among your students. As TOK teachers, you play a pivotal role in shaping the intellectual growth of future generations. In the realm of AI and technology, where information can be generated at unprecedented rates, your role becomes even more significant in helping students decipher what AI cannot produce – nuanced human understanding, ethical discernment, and multifaceted interpretation.
Here are the Titles
1. Is subjectivity overly celebrated in the arts but unfairly condemned in history? Discuss with reference to the arts and history.
2. How can we reconcile the opposing demands for specialization and generalization in the production of knowledge? Discuss with reference to mathematics and one other area of knowledge.
3. Nothing is more exciting than fresh ideas, so why are areas of knowledge often so slow to adopt them? Discuss with reference to the human sciences and one other area of knowledge.
4. Do we underestimate the challenges of taking knowledge out of its original context and transferring it to a different context? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.
5. Do we need custodians of knowledge? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.
6. Are we too quick to assume that the most recent evidence is inevitably the strongest? Discuss
with reference to the natural sciences and one other area of knowledge.
In a world inundated with AI-generated content, remember that what AI cannot generate is precisely what you impart – the ability to question, ponder, and discern. We are honoured to have you join us for this transformative experience and look forward to engaging in profound discussions over the course of our Fourth Annual TOK Title 2024 Unpacking Workshop.
With utmost respect for your commitment to education and the pursuit of knowledge,
Only TOK teachers and Diploma Coordinators are encouraged to apply.
5 pm- 7 pm (23rd & 24th ) | 4 hours
To make it sustainable, this is a paid workshop. INR 8500/ USD 120
+$3.00 service fee
+$3.00 service fee0