Sat, 16 Oct|
It's TOK season again! The essay titles are out. This is a title unpacking session. The objective is to equip the student/teacher with the exploratory scope and possibilities of each title.
Time & Location
16-Oct-2021, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm IST
About the Event
So here are the new titles for TOK 2022.
1. Can there be knowledge that is independent of culture? Discuss with reference to mathematics and one other area of knowledge.
2. To what extent do you agree with the claim that “there’s a world of difference between truth and facts” (Maya Angelou)? Answer with reference to two areas of knowledge.
3. Is there solid justification for regarding knowledge in the natural sciences more highly than knowledge in another area of knowledge? Discuss with reference to the natural sciences and one other area of knowledge.
4. How do historians and human scientists give knowledge meaning through the telling of stories? Discuss with reference to history and the human sciences.
5. How can we distinguish between good and bad interpretations? Discuss with reference to the arts and one other area of knowledge.
6. If we conclude that there is some knowledge we should not pursue on ethical grounds, how can we determine the boundaries of acceptable investigation within an area of knowledge? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.
Quite exciting, aren't they?
So let's unpack them carefully and explore them thoroughly.
The objective is to have a framework for the essay ready by the end of the session.
+₹60.00 service fee
+₹60.00 service fee0